Bagels are delicious, but did you know that it is the only bread that is boiled before they’re baked? Aside from being a quick and easy breakfast, bagels are convenient and versatile enough to be an on-the-go meal for the day. Don’t have time to prepare your bagel? Just quickly grab one in a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, such as Tower Deli.
Bagels are usually topped with cream cheese only, but they are even better with different kinds of toppings. Here are some topping ideas you could add to your favorite bagel.
- Avocado and Egg
- People who usually have toast for breakfast have a common favorite, avocado toast. If you are one of them, you should add some avocado slices to your bagel. Avocados are rich and creamy making them the perfect substitute for cream cheese. And to top it off, you can also add a fried or poached egg to your bagel.
- Nutella is an amazing addition to almost anything. If you think that Nutella on toast tastes great, then get ready to get your mind blown when you include it on your bagel. This is the perfect option for those who have an insatiable craving for sweets. Watch out for your sugar level though.
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese
- Looking for something that has more carbs in it? Then the classic BEC is your bagel topping to go. You can never go wrong with this classic American breakfast. Who can say no to a bagel filled with crispy bacon and egg then smothered with melted cheese? We sure won’t.
- Pizza Bagel
- Some people are making their pizza by using a slice of loaf bread, you can also do this to your bagel. Spread some tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices on your bagel and pop it in in an oven or microwave, then voila! You have your pizza bagel.
- Burger Bagel
- Rather than using normal buns, why not use bagels for your burger? With a burger patty, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and onions, you have your very own bagel burger. You may even request this from your favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.
- Blueberry and Greek Yogurt
- Aside from avocado, you can also use various fruit toppings on your favorite bread, and one of them is blueberries. As a healthy alternative to cream cheese, you can use Greek yogurt and top it with some blueberries to add more flavor to your bagel.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Nostalgia alert! The classic PB&J during childhood gets revamped when you put it on your bagel. Who doesn’t love PB&J anyway? Upgrade now your usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich by switching them with bagels.
- Avocado and Chickpeas
- We can all agree that egg salad in a bagel is delicious. However, not everyone would be able to taste it, especially those who are allergic to eggs. So for vegans and those who are allergic to eggs or chicken, you should try adding some avocado slices on your bagel along with chickpeas. You can also sprinkle some salt and pepper to add taste.
Vegan or not, you can use any type of spread and toppings to your favorite bagel. And if you don’t have time to prepare them yourself, you can go to your favorite restaurant and request them to customize your bagel. At Tower Deli, we not only make fresh bagels, but we also offer a wide variety of options. Visit our restaurant or call us for catering in Fort Lauderdale